Friday, December 13, 2013

Update Your Mantel Decoration For the Holidays

Christmas is the time of year when a major decorating focus is on the fireplace mantel.  I notice that even mantels that are minimally decorated the rest of the year become decked out during the holiday season.

Here are a few that caught my eye…
from traditional red and green with homespun touches to...

all white with just a touch of greenery to...

 the use of non traditional color.  If you have been following me for long you know that purple is my favorite color!

Add metallic touches for that glitz. Don't you love the giant jingle bell wreath?  I learned how to do this years ago from a Martha Stewart post.  I'll show you my version next week.

Minimal and chic.  Notice the use of odd numbers of candle cylinders in varied heights.  
Two important rules to remember when styling.

Wrap empty boxes in festive paper or fabric then layer them on your mantel for an unusual display.  Again…odd numbers and height variation.

Now here's my mantel for this year. I wanted to keep the same color palette going throughout the room, so I I brought the white and warm metals from the tree (see my post here) around to the fireplace.

I had spotted this garland on our trip to Canada last fall and knew that it would fit right in to my holiday scheme. I love the soft metallics.



This gold pinecone is one of my favorite features - as you may notice the letters and figures double as stocking holders.

So how did you decorate your mantel this year?  I'd love to hear…leave me a comment here or on my Facebook page.  

Have a great weekend.
Cyndi

Images: 1/2/3/4/5/6 

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, love the use of the textures for your mantel...also love the all white mantel and the purple and white - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah - I'm partial to the purple & white too.

      Delete

Blogging tips